Foreign Film Festival
Friday, 26 August, 7 pm
Saturday, 27 August, 11 am, 1.30, 3.30, 7.30 pm
AGOG a feast of foreign films (M)
AGOG is back again this year with a smorgasbord of films from around the world. Starting at 7pm on Friday 26 August with hit French film The Belier Family, Agog continues with four films on Saturday 27 August, commencing at 11am. Our famous Supper behind the Screen also returns, prior to the final film on Saturday night.
Tickets are now available to purchase online here, and get in fast for the early bird special. Ticket prices are:
- Early bird until August 15 – all five films, $65
- All five films regular price – $70
- Single films – $15
- Supper behind the Screen $35
(A small booking fee is also charged at the time of purchase.)
The full program is:
- 7pm, Friday 26 August – The Belier Family, France
- 11am, Saturday 27 August – The Crow’s Egg, India
- 1.30pm, Saturday 27 August – Tanna, Vanuatu
- 3.30pm, Saturday 27 August – Leviathan, Russia
- 6.15pm, Saturday 27 August – Supper behind the Screen
- 7.30pm, Saturday 27 August – Rams, Iceland
For full details of the films click here.
If you’re from out of town, why not make a weekend of it in Dungog. Contact the Dungog Visitor Information Centre for accommodation options, on 02 4992 2212 (9-5 Monday to Friday, 10-3 Saturday and Sunday).
Saturday, 10 September, 7 pm
Absolutely Fabulous The Movie (CTC)
London publicist Edina Monsoon (Jennifer Saunders) and best friend Patsy Stone (Joanna Lumley) are still oozing glitz and glamour, living the high life they are accustomed to: shopping, drinking and clubbing their way around London’s trendiest hot-spots. Blamed for a major incident at an uber fashionable launch party, when they accidentally knock supermodel Kate Moss into the River Thames. they become entangled in a media storm and are relentlessly pursued by the paparazzi. Fleeing penniless to the glamorous playground of the super-rich, the French Riviera, they hatch a plan to make their escape permanent and live the high life forever more!
Sunday, 18 September, 7 pm
Goldstone is a crime thriller written and directed by Ivan Sen. It is a sequel to Mystery Road and stars Aaron Pedersen, Alex Russell, Jacki Weaver, David Wenham and David Gulpilil. Indigenous Detective Jay Swan arrives in the frontier town of Goldstone on a missing persons enquiry. What seems like a simple light duties investigation opens a web of crime and corruption. Jay must pull his life together and bury his differences with young local cop Josh, so together they can bring justice to Goldstone. Goldstone is one of the key Aussie films of the year with a tough cast, fine playing and a vivid sense of time and dusty, dangerous place.
And a reminder…
- Maybe you would like to have your own event or film at the Theatre, if so contact us…
- And to save you checking details on our website, why not subscribe to our weekly email newsletter to receive notice of our events as they come up. Just hit Contact us and ask to be put on the mailing list so you will always know what is on…
- If you would like to support our Theatre more, it is only $1 to join the Friends of the James Theatre Inc plus an annual subscription of $10…. Contact us….